I love WordCamps. They have become my favorite tech events. I’m obsessed with all things WordPress and I’ve been to two WordCamps, Birmingham, Alabama last fall and Fayetteville, Arkansas this summer.
I like to attend sessions that stretch me a bit; I usually go to at least one or two that are a little over my head. Even if I don’t know enough to apply the information, at least I recognize the ideas and the terminology. Then the next time I encounter it, there’s at least a flicker of familiarity.
Neither WordCamp I have attended has disappointed in any way; the people are friendly and the topics range from content to SEO to down-and-dirty CSS and WordPress code. I love each and every minute.
This weekend I’ll be off to Louisville, Kentucky for WordCamp Louisville. I’m excited about the sessions — each one is something I’m truly interested in. Here are a few of the sessions I’m looking forward to:
- WordPress and the User Experience
- Using WordPress as a Mobile Solution
- Tweaking Your Theme — I’m particularly excited about this one since I do this an awful lot.
- Otto Unleashed — Features my friend, Memphis-based WordPress core developer Samuel Wood, better known to all as Otto. Otto contributes regularly to the WordPress Memphis group I organize and he’s an eminently valuable resource.
- Google Plus and WordPress: Ideas on Building SEO, Traffic and Your Web Presence — I’m pretty familiar with Google Plus, but who can’t benefit from learning more about SEO?
There are other sessions I’ll attend, and, baseball nut that I am, I’m planning a tour of the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory as well.
I’m looking forward to meeting some new WordPress folks, some great, informative sessions … and an awesome baseball experience.
Photo credit: Louisville Skyline by The Pug Father under Creative Commons license.