I love learning about WordPress and I love going to conferences.
So it figures that my favorite conferences would be WordCamps. An entire day of WordPress goodness. Last fall, I attended WordCamp Birmingham and it was one of my favorite days ever.
In about a month, i’ll head to northwest Arkansas for WordCamp Fayetteville. I’m looking forward to the trip, some time away and, I hope, cooler temperatures.
They have three tracks: Blogger, Business and Developer. I’m planning to spend most of my time in the Developer track, not because I’m a developer (I wish I were), but because I like the more technical sessions, even if there is occasionally material that’s over my head.
Here are the sessions I’m planning to attend:
- The Ultimate WordPress Experience – WordPress as a CMS by Mitch Canter
- Target Practice — Using Analytics to Improve Your Aim by Angela Belford
- Custom Post Types and You by Mitch Canter
- Embrace the Mullet: CSS is the Party in the Back (A CSS ‘how to’) by Tom Hapgood
- CSS3, WordPress and Salsa Dancing by Justin Kopepasah
These promise to be great sessions; I’m always looking to broaden my CSS skills and Mitch never disappoints. And, goodness knows, I need to learn more about analytics.
If that all just sounds too awesome to miss, go sign up here.